AustralianLight - Landscape Photography AustralianLight - Landscape Photography

AustralianLight - Landscape Photography is my new site with my good mate Bernie. If you have found my blog posts useful over the years, then how about giving us a hand to promote AustralianLight.

We are doing everything we can to get our australian landscape photography out there and guess what..... it's bloody hard work!! So please visit the gallery and if you like what see, share it with your friends.

Thanks, we really do appreciate your help. - Russell

Saturday 5 March 2011

Rusty's Ramble: What's with the transcendental hype?

"I photographed this image because it touched me and did things to me and made me feel things that I have never felt before... blah blah blah!"

What ever happened to simply "I saw something, I liked it, so I took a photo of it"?

Do some photographers really have an 'existential connection to their cosmic emotional being', that allows them to visually taste the scene around them and then wax lyrical about the thought processes behind their own perceived creative & masterful prowess? (....blah blah flip'n blah)

OK sure.... we all take images that appeal to us through shape, form or colour etc. and I have no problem with photographers informing me of their personal visual stimuli that led them to the final result, after all, that information is extremely useful in my own personal growth as a photographer. But I am soooo over the "the planets aligned and nature's spirits sang" BS.... nothing drives me insane more and helps others less.

Photography is subjective, let the viewer decide why they like an image, why they hate it or why they couldn't give a rat's razoo and stop with the transcendental marketing hype, it's just so flaming lame!

:End of Rant:

Cheers

Rusty


1 comment:

  1. That would be the artists statement. I'm thinking most of them are full of something for sure. And at the end of the day its about what the viewer likes anyway.

    ReplyDelete